Friday 23 March 2012

March Update



Hannah Palmer Photography - March Update

A huge thanks to everyone who came to our exhibition and commiserations to those who couldn't make it. It was a very successful event and keen eyed collectors snapped up some great work.

A couple of my photos are now going to be on show at Underground Gallery (near exit 9 of Charing Cross underground station) in a group exhibition from Monday 26th to Saturday 31st March, 11am-5.30pm. Private View on Tuesday 27th, 6pm-9pm.

I will be at the gallery all day on Wednesday 28th so if you're in the area please drop in.

A larger collection of my work is going to be on display at the Pump Court Tax Chambers on Bedford Row until November.

And I have just entered the photograph below to be considered for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. Hopefully the judges like it as much as I do.

HP

www.hannahpalmerphotography.co.uk

The Douro
This photo was taken on a trip to Portugal with my wonderful Hassleblad 500C/M camera. Built in the 1970s it takes trade mark square images on medium format film. The Hasselblad negatives are 6"x6", giving you much more information in each shot compared to the 35mm negatives that one gets from a standard film camera.

This was the first time that I had used the camera and, as I subsequently found out, it was suffering from a bad light leak. This is one of the only images that survived from several roles of film. So hopefully it is a lucky shot!





Portrait of the Month


This month's portrait is of Lara.


"Having never had any kind of portrait done before visiting Hannah, I was a little nervous about the process and how I might look. I need not have worried. The combination of Hannah's professionalism and relaxed demeanor made me instantly relaxed.


The whole process was really enjoyable and as we laughed and talked I wasn't particularly aware of a camera even being in the room. Being photographed in this way has resulted in me having a selection of pictures that are a true representation of me. I love them".

To see more photos CLICK HERE

All portrait sessions are based on a 'No Win, No Fee' basis, so if you don't like the results there is no obligation to pay.

If you would like to enquire about booking a portrait session please email me at hannah@hannahpalmerphotography.co.uk.



No comments:

Post a Comment